John King asks Rep. Eric Cantor about Newt Gingrich's claim that he is "quintessentially" a Washington insider.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor talks to John King about his jobs bill for small businesses that passed the House 390-23
CNN's Reynolds Wolf looks at fascinating images of a solar storm that diverted flights around the North and South poles.
Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington:
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– I've been able to confirm that the Gingrich affiliated Super PAC has still been running ads in Florida, even after the loss there. They've also been heard or seen in Virginia, Michigan, and even in Iowa. Some of them are national ad buys no doubt, but several people tell me definitely that they've heard radio spots on local radio, not national shows like Limbaugh. What is going on?
– I get the strong sense that the 2012 campaign is going to see a battle between old technology and new technology with the GOP more focused on old technology and advertising and less on the internet and grassroots. Can advertising alone turn people out to vote? I doubt it and I wonder about the much hyped Romney machine, given what we saw in Ohio and Michigan.
– The House and Senate GOP is risking the ire of conservatives on three fronts. First, they keep pushing an Export-Import Bank that really only favors Boeing and GE. Second, they are pushing a bloated highway bill as a jobs plan. Third, they keep hinting that they are scared of repeatedly pushing for full repeal of Obamacare. It's not just Romney discouraging the base.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Leading conservatives realize that the White House is out of reach but still fail to realize why. How many years will it take to get to conservatism 1.2?
– Last night, Comcast unveiled four new minority-owned channels making it the leader in the entertainment industry when it comes to addressing Americas changing demographics. Any followers out there?
– Joe Biden gave the best defense on the DREAM act yet during a recent Spanish TV interview. Hey Joe, tell the President to pull out his exec pen.
Editor's Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.