HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan says the president's plan to help homeowners will benefit both the economy and taxpayers
CNN's John King discusses Karl Rove's distaste for Rick Perry's recent comments about the birther debate.
Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– The Perry campaign is going through shakeup. They are bringing in a number of outside consultants who helped Gov. Rick Scott of Florida in his upstart bit.
– The Romney campaign may meet the same fate Rick Perry did on immigration. A new report has come out showing that Romney's healthcare plan in Massachusetts covered illegal aliens.
– Meanwhile, in Camp Obama, the President is finding more and more Democrats do not want to appear with him on the campaign trail. This is much like what George H.W. Bush went through in the 1990 midterm elections. Unfortunately for Barack Obama, this is not the midterm elections.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Edward Bulwer Lytton- “The Pen is Mightier than the Sword”: President Obama will find his executive pen this week and show that he is willing to act in behalf of the American people, while the GOP presidential candidates fight and Boehner golfs.
– Shakespeare – “Much Ado About Nothing”: The GOP who highly praised G.W. Bush when he falsely announced on a highly stage aircraft carrier the end of combat in Iraq now criticize Obama for the real end of combat in Iraq.
– Ru Paul- “You Gotta Work”: Alabama is losing crops as beleaguered Latinos flee the state, apparently the conservatives in the state aren’t willing to pick fruit to prove their principals.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.