Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– A number of conservative organizations and members of Congress will make a big push today for their "Cup, Cap, and Balance" proposal. The idea is to block the debt ceiling increase unless there are significant cuts, a cap on spending, and a balanced budget amendment to send to the states. The proposal is good, but there is no accountability.
– Tim Pawlenty has gone up with commercials in Iowa. It is a sign that he needs to boost his name ID. The rise of Michele Bachmann is really throwing other campaigns for a loop. No one saw that coming.
– Bad news for Barack Obama. As he'll draw down troops quicker than expected in Afghanistan and potentially send that country back to greater chaos, word is coming that the national debt picture is far worse than expected. Add these pieces of straw to the camel's back.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
– Competing Resolutions Seek to Codify Congressional Authority for War in Libya
– Majority Want All American Troops in Afghanistan Home Now
– Why the Market Will Not Reduce Health Care Costs
Editorâ€™s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.