Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– The Republicans seem to be sending mixed messages on how to handle Medicare, but ultimately they are showing that the budget can be balanced with or without doing anything to Medicare. Time for the Democrats to offer up their cuts to balance the budget.
– The 60th day is rapidly approaching in Libya. Under the War Powers Act, the President has a sixty day window to act without Congress. Will NATO try to finish off Gadhafi before the 60th day?
– The White House is trying to get government contractors to show whether they give money to Democrats or not via executive order. Even Democrats in Congress are balking.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Name Game: Romney-Care (enough said)
– Blame Game: GOP Chair Reince Priebus says that the GOP has done just a “lousy” job talking about its great success with Hispanics (I agree that I have not heard about it)
– Same Old Game: Obama says he wants to improve the discourse on immigration (how about improving Home Land Security’s policies?)
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors