Political contributors James Carville and Mary Matalin differ on their take of Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.
Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Mr. Obama's "Sputnik Moment" was so successful it is rapidly becoming the new version of "jumping the shark" among conservatives on Twitter.
– Mr. Obama wants to stop "subsidies" to oil companies and "invest" in green companies. Never mind that oil is over $3 a gallon in most places, oil companies can't get permits to drill, and reliable coal powered cars, also called electric cars, are expensive.
– Republicans who complained that CNN would be carrying Michele Bachmann's speech should not have worried. It played nicely with Paul Ryan's speech. The bigger issue is why no one gave Paul Ryan some eye drops before his speech.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
– Quantico Brig Commander Continues to Abuse His Authority and Defy Medical Experts In Bradley Manning Detention.
– Guide to NAFTA-Korea Style Trade Deal, Jobs and the State of the Union Speech.