We’re talking about the President’s trip to Asia and whether the election setback here at home is dimming Mr. Obama’s star on the world stage. Plus, we’ll discuss the government’s new plan to cut spending and raise taxes to help lower the deficit…will it pass and would it work? Tune in TONIGHT @ 7p ET!
Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– The Debt Commission proposal is dead on arrival. Ain't government grand!
– Bachmann steps aside and Jeb Hensarling becomes House GOP Conference Chairman. No, this was not a tea party vs. establishment fight.
– What's the next big fight on the right? Ratification of the START treaty.
Talk Show Host and Online Editor of MyLatinoNews.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Final Bow: Pelosi searches for votes to provide tuition equity for undocumented students in the lame duck session as the GOP scrambles to gag their anti-immigrant Congressional newbies.
– Limited Engagement: Birther and flame thrower Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann denied a GOP house leadership post in an attempt to keep presumptive House Speaker John Boehner’s color from turning to red.
– Encore: No one is surprised as deficit commission Chairs call for a decrease in tax rates and the removal of tax deductions that bring a net increase to the middle class tax burden while proving more cash to the top 1%.