Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington:
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Barack Obama, in the last week, has been subject to advice from Michael Dukakis and Walter Mondale. Does the man have any . . . um . . . successful people advising him?
– Chris Christie is in Iowa. A billion reporters will instantly declare Christie intends to run for President. Don't believe any of them.
– Christine O'Donnell's first ad is up. The most important question is not "what was she thinking" but instead "how much are her consultants making"?
Senior Political Columnist for TheDailyBeast.com John Avlon:
– "I am not a Witch" – Worst. Ad. Ever. "I am not a crook" for our strange era.
– 130 Ex-Congressman sign letter for Civility – "Congress appears gripped by zero-sum game partisanship...Members who far exceed the bounds of normal and respectful discourse are not viewed with shame but are lionized, treated as celebrities, rewarded with cable television appearances, and enlisted as magnets for campaign fund-raisers...Meanwhile, lawmakers who try to address problems and find workable solutions across party lines find themselves denigrated by an angry fringe of partisans, people unhappy that their representatives would even deign to work with the enemy." Exactly.
– Jerry Brown and Castro. Meg Whitman and Latino Nanny-gate. And they cancel a debate on KGO. I know it's silly season, but the citizens of America's largest state deserve better.