John King, USA

The latest political news and information on the most important stories affecting you.
September 13th, 2010

Tonight on JKUSA...

We’re going one-on-one with President Obama’s 2008 Campaign Manager, David Plouffe. We’ll ask him whether he thinks the Obama coalition is crumbling…What else do you want us to ask? Plus, what do Lady Gaga and Bieber Fever have to do with your vote? Tune in TONIGHT @ 7p ET!

Filed under: JKUSA • John King
  1. wilfredo

Hi. I have a comment on the tax discussion. Every one is bickering about the tax cuts for the wealthy. Why not give them a tax cut with a twist that might create jobs. Give the wealthy a 175% deduction for investing into their small business that creates jobs. They are already proposing to give small business a 100% tax credit for buying new equipment or upgrading their business why not say okay in addition to that, for every job your investment creates you get 75% back of that bush tax cut that set to expire.
    Everyone says we depend on the rich to create jobs well then let's see if it's true then by engineering a tax cut that makes them invest on developing a work force. At the same time we get more workers who contribute.

September 13, 2010 at 7:20 pm |
  2. Barbara

I am uncommitted independent voter and in the past I voted for Mike Castle-but a no vote on the Health Care bill he has lost my vote and
    that of many of my friends and family.

September 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm |
  3. Ada Gromada

Dear John,

when Obama was campaigning he said, "I can't do this by myself I will need your help." where are the helpers in America at this time," how come I don't hear any of the Democmats reminding the people about that.
    Thanks, Ada G.

September 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm |
  4. Barbara

For the first time since the election of John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan I have hope for the middle class. How can anyone turn this Country around in such a short period of time-he inherited a huge mess.

September 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm |
  5. Ada Gromada

I think the Republicans remembered that statement and that is why they are trying to make Obama fail by using all the tactics they can.

September 13, 2010 at 7:56 pm |
  6. dan

The Bush Tax cuts should be left to expire. Individuals making $250,000.00 per year is equivalent to five top average middle class family incomes, about 52,000.00. No one likes a high in taxes but if one makes more money they can afford to pay more. Many families are struggling to survive with incomes at or a few hunred dollars above minimum income assistance levels with little or no assistance.

September 13, 2010 at 7:57 pm |
  7. Aaron Eyler

Any way I can get a copy of the bit of "Pete on the Street" from tonight's show to show my students? Please just e-mail me at the address provided.

September 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm |
  8. dan

The Obama coalition is not crumbling in my opinion. Budgets require a lot of work and patience...definitely not a magical repair. People have a right to complain and it is normal to complain when you're it. However, we're all in the same boat and there is a big hole in that boat. Regarding our economy and jobs, what do people expect after so many jobs have been outsourced and companies shut down labor? If not for th efforts made, our numbers would be even greater. The economy is showing signs of improving. People need access to money, jobs with living wages, healthcare, affordable prescription drugs and affordable housing. I agree on infrastructure, green energy jobs, green technology improvements and restoring some manufacturing..made in America.

September 13, 2010 at 8:23 pm |