Editor's note: Occasionally we will ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
The Dewey Square Group Principal Maria T. Cardona:
– Senator Vitter gets a primary challenge and suddenly has a new focus on questioning President Obama’s birth place. This is yet more proof the Tea Party extremists are controlling the Republican Party message.
– Run, Sarah, Run!
– Brown, Snowe and Collins join the Democrats in getting Wall Street reform done for the American people – too bad there aren’t more profiles in courage in your party Senators!
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Senate Democrat candidates flew to Canada to raise money from trial lawyers out of sight of both constituents and American media.
– Harry Reid tells the Las Vegas Sun that the war in Iraq was not won by the military, but by the surge that he voted against. Huh?
– 1988 brought us Willie Horton, which Democrats have ever since tried to claim was racist because the attack was so effective. Will King Samir Shabazz become the Willie Horton of the 21st century? If Republicans are smart, he will.
The Cure, "Push"
Tom Petty, "It's Good To Be King"
Guns N Roses, "Welcome To The Jungle"