Editor's note: Occasionally we will ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
– 3.3 million people will have lost unemployment benefits by month's end–that's 1% of all Americans.
– 75% of all Guantanamo habeas cases have led to an Order for Release.
– BP conveniently forgets most toxic chemical in Air Quality Report.
Publisher, Mullings Report Rich Galen:
– Will the Intelligence Committee ask Leon Panetta what were the elements of the deal in the spy swap? If not, why not?
– Gallup (not Rasmussen) is reporting that just 38 percent of independents now approve of the job Obama is doing, down from 56 percent a year ago. Virginia, New Jersey & Massachusetts were all decided when INDs swung toward the GOP candidate. House Dems are in full ears-back panic mode.
– More House Races: With the President bringing immigration to the fore, and AG Holder threatening to re-ignite race as an issue (with an investigation into the Oakland shooting), House Dems in swing districts are facing a political headwind of the White House’s making.
Beck, "Black Tambourine"
Billy Bragg & Wilco, "California Stars"
The Pimps of Joytime, "Bonita"
Talking Heads, "I Zimbra"