John King, USA

The latest political news and information on the most important stories affecting you.
November 1st, 2011

'Gun control won't protect citizens'

Sheriff Chuck Wright talks to John King about encouraging citizens to become certified to carry fire arms.

Filed under: Interview
  1. B

this man makes more sense than anyone ever.

November 1, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
    • A

I agree. If this country had more sheriff's like him, and even government officials, our nation would be better off. I am all for carrying a weapon to save your own life or a life of someone else.

November 3, 2011 at 12:08 am |
  2. Roger Hall

I live in Spartanburg South Carolina and Chuck Wright has been the best Sheriff this County and State has ever had. I’m very proud to call him my Sheriff!

November 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
  3. Shane

I live in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, and I agree 110%. I have my CWP and pack everytime I exit my home, and inside my home, no matter what room I'm in a loaded firearm is ready to go at a split second's notice. I applaud the property owner, as well as Sheriff Wright for urging people to obtain a CWP. Come on my property without permission, attempt to harm me or others around me, and shots will be fired! It's a sad day when you have to be armed in your own home and in the public due to a MAJOR FAILURE in our justice system!

November 2, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  4. Dana Burnett

Great Sheriff,Awesome Man!

November 3, 2011 at 7:44 am |
  5. Justin

Nice to finally see the media giving common sense some time on the air! The Sheriff is absolutely correct in encouraging the average citizen to take a more active role in society by assuming some measure of personal responsibility for their safety and that of their family. People incorrectly assume that police and other LEO are responsible for their protection. Heck, a police officer can't be sued (successfully) for failing to prevent a crime or an assault, even if they witness the act and choose not to intervene (Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)!

November 3, 2011 at 8:57 am |
  6. Carmen

It is perfectly legal to own and carry a gun, if you have been properly trained and have a concealed weapons permit! This includes everyone age 21 and over. Women are fully capable of arming themselves with a gun. Sheriff Chuck Wright is simply saying women need to be aware that attackers are out there and we have the right to defend ourselves, with a gun, if properly trained. This happens everyday, all over the world and people need to be educated on the proper use of guns. The police can’t be everywhere at all times so you as an individual can take the extra step to protect you and your family. Don’t be afraid to get educated about guns and learn when it is leagal to use them.

November 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
  7. Steveo

Sheriff wright is absolute wright i support him a 100% Wright for president 2012

November 5, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
    • Steveo

and yes before you say i misspelled wright i used it as a pun

November 5, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  8. Madhav BBSR

Guns are too complicated and they take a long time to learn to shoot accurately. I suggest that every woman carry a fanny pack with a couple of hand grenades in it.That would take care of any would be rapist! Hand grenades are much easier to use and you don't have to be an expert shot. And why just women? Every child over 8 years old should be allowed to carry a few hand grenades to school, just in case some wacko with a gun tries to attack. After all the US constitution ensures the right to carry arms. Why should the right of the constitution only extend to guns or to adult men and women? We should support the right of every child to carry hand grenades!

December 10, 2011 at 3:31 am |