Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– The Washington Post fired a shot at Rick Perry in a ridiculous story over a rock with a racial slur on it that Perry's dad had the audacity to paint over. In trying to hit Perry, the Post may have caused a Herman Cain collapse due to overreaction. Cain, unlike Bachmann and the HPV play, seems to be walking it back today though.
– Barack Obama still does not have enough Democratic support in the Senate to get to 51, never mind 60.
– New Hampshire is now official moved up to early January. Iowa will do the same. There is now a month less than expected to fundraise.
Mario Solis-March: Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Counter -Strategic: The GOP has sets its sights on disgruntled Latino voters in Colorado as conservative Secretary of State Scott Gessler works overtime to make it harder for all minorities to vote.
– Counter -Intelligence: Democrats have dug up a clip of Ronald Reagan calling for an end to tax loop holes for the rich and saying that the wealthy should pay their fair share, who will be the first Tea Party candidate to call him a socialist class warrior?
Counter -Culture: Occupy Wall Street is gaining momentum as cities around the country join in with protests, when will the mainstream media realize that the populist anger is real and not marginal?
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.