Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Libya appears on the verge of overturning the Gadhafi regime. There remains a latent problem — what of the new leaders? This could be an election-year problem.
– Is she or isn't she? Will Sarah Palin actually get in the race? Karl Rove says yes. John Fund of the Wall Street Journal says no. Put me in the “no” camp. I'll believe it when I see it.
– Big issue of the day and perhaps the most important issue of all time — the new uniforms for the University of Georgia football team may be the ugliest football uniform every designed. But that raises a larger point: it is almost college football season.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Stealth Attack: The GOP’s secret weapon against Obama backfired on Sunday as the former Ambassador Jon Huntsman conducted a one-man reality check on his Republican primary opponents, it turns out he wouldn’t trust any of them with the nation’s economy and thinks presidents should base their decisions on actual science. Kaboom!
– Open Attack: Congresswoman Maxine Waters had a passionate response to testimony from Latinos and African Americans from her home turf angry at the lack of economic growth; to paraphrase a famous quote: the Congresswoman doesn’t just want to send the tea party to, lets say, “the underworld,” she just tells the truth, and it just feels like they are already there.
Attack, Attack, Attack: The Arab Spring continues to bloom as Tripoli falls and the GOP finds itself being able to only half praise the commander in chief, bringing to mind the fact that if the Berlin wall fell under Obama’s watch the Republican Tea Party would complain of the concrete litter.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.
CNN's John King and panel members talk about whether Michele Bachmann's statements match the facts.
Gov. Jan Brewer tells John King why she doesn't agree with how Pres. Obama is handling illegal aliens in the U.S.