John King, USA

The latest political news and information on the most important stories affecting you.
August 10th, 2011

The audacity of Sarah Palin

CNN's John King and panel members discuss Sarah Palin's trip to Iowa just before the next GOP presidential debate.

Filed under: 2012 • JKUSA
  1. Glenn

John King is such a right-wing hack.

August 10, 2011 at 11:06 pm |
  2. Terry from Alaska

You consistenly refer to Ms Palin as Governor Palin. Sarah Palin is not the Governor of Alaska, Sean Parnell is.

August 10, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
    • GilC

I agree. Sarah Palin quit her job before it was finished, therefore she does not deserve to be referred to by that title.

August 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  3. Margaret

Glenn, I'm wondering a bit about John King's approach as well. Watching him right now; he's claiming that the President won't be able to defend himself politically because he 'promised' to 'change Washington.' I consider myself an independent, though I voted for Obama in the last election. What I understood the President to say is that HE was going to conduct himself in a way to reach out to Republicans. I never thought their response was under his control. And he definitely HAS tried. The Tea Partiers and others have refused to cooperate even if it tanks the economy or ruin the country. The Republicans have actually said their number one priority is getting rid of Obama, not creating jobs or bettering the economy. So, I don't have any trouble with the President as a result of the atmosphere in Washington, since I am perfectly clear on where the problem is. Anyway, the more I listen to John King, the less confidence I have that he can be fair. Not sure if he's actually a little tilted to the right or just terrified (as most non-Fox reporters are) of being accused of liberal bias. Nobody seems to worry too much about conservative bias, apparently.

August 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
  4. GilC

Stop recognizing Sarah Palin and hopefully she will GO AWAY! We don't need to hear any more about her! Sarah Palin is only doing what she does FOR THE MONEY! Why can't people see that! Sarah Palin is NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT! Wake up people! Stop asking if she is going to run. WE DON'T CARE!

August 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
  5. dee

once again all the focus is on sarah palin. john, you should have learned after following her bus the last time that she is just out for publicity which you are providing. you are in iowa to cover the straw polls. focus on the candidates who are in the race not the ones who may be or those who just want attention. the people in the race are the ones you need to discuss. if sarha palin wants tv coverage she needs to get in the race. until then the news coverage should not be about a reality show personality. we have enough want-to-be reality people in congress who are only trying to be stars instead of govern. if you want to cover reality go to entertainment tonight. also until rick perry is in the race you need to stop giving him more coverage than those in the race. he is entering the race on the day the straw poll is happening just to disrupt the procedure.

August 12, 2011 at 7:47 pm |