Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Republicans are moving forward with Mitch McConnell's plan, but conservatives are going to fight. A third party movement is a serious threat.
– Tom Coburn is offering up $9 trillion in cuts, but many conservatives want to know more about rumored tax increases in the plan.
– Haridopolos, the Florida Senate Majority Leader is dropping out of the Senate race there. Meanwhile in Texas, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst is all in to replace Kay Bailey Hutchison.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– New Age: When Senate Democratic candidate Hector Balderas makes the rounds in the beltway next week he will be touting strong fundraising figures and an impressive resume; will beltway Democrats ignore the emerging Latino New Mexican majority ….again?
– Gilded Age: Senator DeMint said this weekend that the Senate was too busy to investigate billion dollar News Corp’s involvement in the phone hacking scandal. Apparently they are busier than when congress launched hearings regarding the poverty focused organization ACORN.
– Ice Age: Polls indicate that the GOP is losing its non Tea Party base due to the debt ceiling debate, without true fiscal moderates can the proud GOP elephant avoid the fate of the woolly mammoth?
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.