Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
Mario Solis-March: Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Honeymoon Over: Senator Marco Rubio chooses his party over his community …again... as he breathlessly sponsors the anti-small business E-Verify legislation to the delight of the right but to the disappointment of those who once expected him to be a breath of fresh air.
– Divorce Pending: Anti-Immigrant leader and Arizona State Senate President Russell Pearce will face a recall election, will his fellow Mormons support him now that the church has publicly denounced enforcement only tactics?
– Annulment: Newt Gingrich is now being dogged by the questions over his penchant for moving money from a non-profit he controls to his private business enterprises, was it over before it started?
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– From Louisiana, Republicans are gathering in New Orleans to hear from the Presidential candidates. Te big buzz is Rick Perry showing up.
– Also from Louisiana, the Bonnet Carre Spillway is slowly closing. I saw the flood waters rushing into Lake Pontchartrain yesterday. But the rush is slowing.
– Anthony Weiner is resigning. Good.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.