Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– Panetta to the Pentagon will mean cuts to the Defense Budget. Conservatives will probably be able to find common ground on that.
– The Gang of Six is close to a deal and conservatives are scrambling to rally opposition to what will amount to tax hikes.
– The Fed sees inflation. The public sees high gas prices. The conventional wisdom is starting to tilt toward neutral from "no way" on the question of whether Barack Obama can be defeated in 2012.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Birth Announcement: Obama proves he is a citizen to folks who will never believe he is an American as GOPer Trump claims he is victorious to people that will ultimately never vote for him.
– Wedding Invite: The Royals have a "toned down" wedding feast with millions of dollars in security paid for by the English taxpayer as their parliament considers an austerity budget deeply impacting workers and the media debate is about the receptions guest list.
– Retirement Party: GOP congressional members meet face to face with the future retirees that will be affected by their Medicare phase out plan and are now beginning to understand what the prospect of early retirement can mean…to them.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors