John King, USA

The latest political news and information on the most important stories affecting you.
March 30th, 2011

Tonight on John King, USA...

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld tells CNN's John King why he thinks the U.S. is sending mixed signals in Libya. Sec. Rumsfeld also shares his thoughts on the GOP race for 2012. Tune in to John King, USA tonight at 7pm EST for the full interview.

Filed under: Interview
  1. gord

why should he be right now he got fired for being wrong by bush and chenney

March 30, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
  2. HEIDI

posted on my facebook......

Stand Up For Ohio
    So they turned the internet in the Senate off on us. Back up now on a wifi card. Nice try Niehaus

QUESTION I HAVE: Are they allowed to do that in the USA????

March 30, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
  3. Dan Simon

It's interesting that Donal Rumsfeld is giving his "input" on Libya. Who cares what a man who helped escalate the Cold War with his and the Neo-Cons "Team B" efforts and then did the exact same thing with faulty evidence for war with Iraq. I'd rather hear him come on and discuss those two misguided efforts more than I'd like to hear his thoughts on Libya. Hell I might even buy his book then!

March 30, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  4. Stacey H.

You should be asking the Obama White House these tough questions on Libya, but alas, you're not.

March 30, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  5. Marilyn

Thank you John King. You are the first tv news person I've seen who challenged Rumsfeld. I rarely watch your show but will be tuning in from now on.

March 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm |
  6. Adam Hatzikyriakou

Where is the video when I believe John King asked "What do you tell Americans that ask why should we listen to you Donald Rumsfeld?"

Rumsfeld said something like, "Oh, that's what's in your head huh? and took a poke at cnn, something like, "blah blah cnn is bad George Bush Rules blah blah...".
    I got a good laugh, but it was actually sad.
    Keep up the good work Mr. King.

March 30, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
  7. Max

Mr King, comparing Iraq to Libya is like comparing apples to oranges.
    The U.S. Government has become a laughing stock. We want a regime change in Libya, why? Because some unknown entities say so? Do we know the alternative? No!!!!!!! It is astounding how we keep getting the Middle East wrong. I was in Libya for 2 months last year, Gahdafi enjoyed an approval rating of 35 percent. Should we be thinking of overthrowing our government if the approval rating falls to to 35 percent?
    The way to resolve this effort is to give the Italians the lead. To get diplomats on the ground and assess the reality, and not give the lead to nations that are intent on securing their oil interests if things go their way.....we have asked for democracy in the middle east and our great achievement has been and 8 year war in Iraq, We have empowered 2 marginal terrorist organizations ( Hamas, Hezbollah) we helped overthrow Mubarak in egypt and they have already started burning churches and killing Christians......what's next? Perhaps the Middle East is not ready for democracy or we should learn to mind our own business. Lastly the notion that if we don't get involved there they will come and kill us here is hogwash........I have been in the MIddle East for the past 14 years and I assure you that the whole region would be better served without our meddling in it.........

March 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm |
  8. Adam Hatzikyriakou

If that part of the video gets added, I'll share it with friends on facebook, and join twitter to follow cnn. deal?

March 30, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
  9. Herb Hillabrand

John..if you don't think people will respect Rumsfeld's opinions, why the #$LL did you invite him on your show? I'm not a Rumsfeld fan at all, but he ate you alive. He's made huge mistakes in serving the US. Even so, his 30-40 years of service give him more clout to be heard than you have with the American public. Why should people listen to you?

I actually like you, John. And wish the best on CNN. But.... stay in the middle politically. Then you'll have a very compelling reason to offer America exceptional stories.

March 30, 2011 at 7:59 pm |
  10. Chris Walker

Dear John King USA,
    ' I was wondering if you had considered doing a podcast of the show so we can see the whole thing if we can not tune in.

Sincerely,
    Chris

March 30, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  11. Dennes Barrett

This Democrat and no fan of D. Rumsfeld, was disgusted at the way John King spoke to Mr. Rumsfeld during this interview. Kings' comments are just that, his comments. He is to interview the guest. Journalists need to remember (or maybe learn) that we could care less what their opinion happens to be. They are to get tough questions answered, not try to intimidate the guest, or in King's case, make such personally offensive comments to a person who is a guest of the program.
    Embarrassing day for CNN to say the least.
    Dennes
    Deadwood

March 30, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
  12. BMihaelll

This looks like fun, and I’d like to help with the project (there were several errors I spotted just from a casual perusal) but I don’t know how. so.. is this where errors should be reported, or should I use your email address, or something better?

October 18, 2011 at 3:06 am |