Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
We are, in President Obama’s words, “witnessing history” today in Egypt. And we are. A remarkable revolution. Dancing in the very spot in Cairo’s Liberation Square where exactly one week ago medics were treating pro-democracy demonstrators beaten in the government crackdown. We have more questions than answers about what comes next, but this is a tipping point for Egypt and perhaps for an entire volatile region. Perhaps it seems far away to many Americans, but this matters — from a moral perspective, a security perspective, and an economic perspective. We’re lucky at CNN to have unrivaled global resources to help us watch this unfold and put it into context. The big Egypt news is overshadowing a big day in politics... Including several different stages on which GOP internal tensions are playing out. Erick and Mario touch on some of that below. Enjoy your day. – John King
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– I have a house. With an offer made and accepted the week before Thanksgiving 2010, I know have experienced and understand the housing crisis first hand. The pendulum, too far one way has overcorrected and swung back too far the other way.
– CPAC kicks off today with a surprise guest — Donald Trump. Maybe we just need to call CPAC the RPAC and replace "conservative" with "Republican".
– House GOP will cave to the conservatives and go with $100 billion in spending.
Talk Show Host and Online Editor of MyLatinoNews.com Mario Solis-Marich:
– Love Bug: Anti-Gay Conservatives boycott conservative conference due to presence of Gays and Lesbians, do they think it’s contagious?
– Quack Alert: Failed candidate Presidential and Gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo and his failed campaign consultant Bay Buchanan team up to tell conservative conferees how to win elections by bashing immigrants, is GOP Congressman “Craigslist” Lee there to give dating tips?
– The Dr. is In: Al Cardenas to lead CPAC and speak of big tent construction, do you really need a big top when right wing stalwarts are not buying admission tickets?