Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
– The South is snowed in. It is unpleasant.
– Sheriff Dupnik might have some explaining to do based on what we now know of Jared Loughner's criminal history.
– While everyone is focused on the shooting in Arizona, we're inching ever closing to the debt ceiling.
The Dewey Square Group Principal Maria T. Cardona:
– While there is no proof whatsoever that the crazed gunman in Tucson’s horrific shootings was motivated by politics, this is a moment to ponder this: Words do matter - they can influence and they can hurt. ALL of us, no matter our ideology, need to dial it back and take responsibility for what we say.
– Tucson and Palin – Is Palin to blame? Of course not. But ironically, this tragedy, in the wake of her vivid gun imagery used in the heat of the midterm elections has ratcheted up the debate on whether Palin is ready to lead, retreat or will she simply “reload” (her words) and continue her firebrand way of politics.
– It is President Obama’s chance to be Healer in Chief on Wednesday when he travels to Tucson for memorial services. While this situation plays to his strengths of consensus builder, he must also channel President Clinton and make us believe he feels the nation’s pain.