Editor's note: Occasionally we will ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
Talk Show Host and Online Editor of MyLatinoNews.com Mario Solis-Marich:
- The DNC’s “Organizing for America” delivers a victory for Colorado Senator Michael Bennet through a massive volunteer effort that the incumbent could not inspire on his own.
- Spanish language newspapers and electronic media turn on Obama, are they a part of the “professional left” that Administration spokesman Gibbs decries?
- The Right reels as Rand Paul’s youngish abhorrent behavior goes public and as Gingrich’s lifelong abhorrent behavior does the same.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Harry Reid says Hispanics can't be Republicans. Bill White, the Democratic nominee for Governor of Texas, tells a black audience that Gov. Rick Perry wants to be "master." You would be excused for thinking the Democrats are desperately trying to play the race card to drive up minority turnout without Obama on the ballot.
- Why are moderate Republicans like Lindsey Graham talking about amending the 14th Amendment? Could it be that Graham really doesn't want to do it, knows it is impossible, and wants to say, "I tried now let's move on" without dealing with birthright citizenship? Oh, and he gets to mitigate damage to his poll numbers in South Carolina too! Nah . . . that'd be too cynical.
- The biggest news of all today: the Erickson family begins the kindergarten routine for the first time today. Now who is going to play kickball with me every day at 11 in the back yard? It's very sad.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, "Tightrope"
Traveling Wilburys, "Rattled"
BoDeans, "Forever Young"
Bananarama, "Cruel Summer"