Editor's note: Occasionally we will ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation in and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Michelle Obama, her daughter, friends, and security take over 60 rooms at a hotel in Spain while Barack Obama celebrates his birthday home alone. How long before the Marie Antoinette comparisons start?
- The National Newspaper Publishers Association, described by its website as "a 69-year-old federation of more than 200 Black community newspapers from across the United States," declares the ethics troubles of Chalie Rangel and Maxine Waters to be racism. I think it's because they supported Hillary Clinton in 2008, but that's just me.
- Coke addled monkeys, ants, the wounded egos of chimps, and sidewalks to nowhere — these are just a few of the projects stimulus money funded according to Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain. When a majority think the stimulus was a waste, this won't help the Democrats.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
- Static Kill Working as Well as Pelican Kill and Tuna Kill
- Obama Will End Deepwater Drilling Moratorium Early, National Moratorium on Gay Marriage to Continue Indefinitely
- Law Enforcement Officials, Physicians, Progressive Activists, Social Libertarians Join Push to Legalize Marijuana; President Calderon and 28,000 Dead Mexicans Agree: It Is Time to Reform Our Drug Laws
Motley Crue, "Girls Girls Girls"
AC/DC, "Back in Black"
David Bowie, "Modern Love"
The Cure, "Push"